Thursday 3 July 2014

Going to plan....the enormity of what im trying to do has hit me! - July 3rd 2014

So last week I hit my 60km target and I actually didnt feel too bad. I also hit the gym and did some strength work at home. The running is going too bad, Im finding stuff hard that I didnt when I was fitter but its coming along.
Im away with work this week so have been putting in some Kms in Denmark. I started off on Monday with a 20km run on my own in the heat of the afternoon, it was tough going but I did it. Tuesday I did a 5km run in the morning with my back pack, I guess it must way 4 kgs or so and man did that feel different! I then did an hour of very tough spinning class a friend of mine runs over here. Wed I did a 15km run with another friend and it went well, I was tired by the end and it wasnt easy but again...I did it and thats what matters right now. In the evening I did 100 press up (random) and some core work (plank, pike hold etc).
This morning I again did the 5km run to work with the pack and then another tough 1 hour spin session. I just finished another upper body session and some body weight leg work (calf raises, squats).
Tomorrow I plan to put in another 15km run at a gentle pace which will take me nicely up to 60km running and then Saturday Ill do a hilly 10km so will have done 70 very good kms.
The next week Im going to bring down the distance back to around 55 - 60 km but there will be hills added.
Oh Im also going to watch some tennis at Wimbledon  and then next week Im also meeting up at a UK training with Ironman world champion (ex) Macca and the people from team Maccax which Im a member of...maybe ill get some tips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment