Wednesday 25 June 2014

First long run in nearly 2 months

Ok so the phrase long run can mean many things but to me anything over 15km is classified as a long training run.
My plan this week has been to cover 60km and it started Tuesday morning with a 10km run with a military friend of mine who basically runs at a billion miles an hour and can still chat! so my legs were a little sore and tired when I woke up today...BUT I had already made the plan to run with my younger brother this morning and he was here at 5:45 raring to go (slight enthusiasm anyway) so off we went and we covered 20km in just about 1 hour 45 minutes. Not my fastest every by a long way but it felt great to be running longer distances again.My trysty hound Monty following us the whole way and still looking pretty bouncy by the end (git!). My legs felt it but nothing went wrong so im pleased. Couple of recovery shakes, few hours work then Im off to the gym for some circuit training...doh.

So thats 30km so far and I have 4 days to go so I think the 60km goal will easily be reached this week. Tomorrow I think ill do a really easy 10km just to give my legs a chance to recover more.

Over and out for now... have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment