Sunday 14 December 2014

Back into in "gently" :)

So after a few days of very deadly man flue I finally recovered..phew! I decided, very wisely, to was myself back into it with a hilly, fast, wet and very tough 22km run! (fool!!!!) - that hurt but it felt great to get back into the training! 

I followed my return with a nice 11km hilly run around the hills of Bath which just reminded me of how beautiful the countryside around these parts really is. I was tired by the end but I enjoyed it....sadly my mutt Monty seemed to have picked up some kind of bug and 33km of running in two days just knocked him for six and he was on his bed all days yesterday! Ha ha...thats puts the score at Monty 1 and Daddy 3 (thats how I see it anyway).

Today I decided that my legs has some slight niggles left over from my "gentle" return to running so I pulled my dust covered bike of the wall at home, dug out my ageing turbo trainer and did a very nice hour of cycling...wow forgot how hard that could feel! 1 hour and 37 kms done....really nice to be back on the bike too! going to add some more cycling into my training just to give me legs a rest from the constant pounding!

Cheers for reading and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment